All Things Must Pass

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

random ramblings

So my family flies in Thursday night. As I'm sure I've said before, I'm both dreading and looking forward to this visit. Although as it approaches I'm definitely more on the looking forward side. I just hope they have a good time while they're here and aren't upset by how much I have to work. I "compromised" and agreed to work half days on Monday and Thursday and a whole day the day before they leave. I would've liked to take off the entire time they're here but I'm taking off two weeks (almost 3 weeks in work weeks, with the way it's set up) in only a month so even I couldn't bring myself to do it. However, over the 8 full days that they're here, I will be with them all day during 5 of those days. It could be worse. But I'm also ditching them on Sunday night for Apples in Stereo and Thursday night for Neko Case...oops.
In preparation Eric and I have been family-proofing and cleaning the house. I get to go home and do more of that today, sans Eric. He's out on his company fun day where they get to go to a go-cart/puttputt place and have tons of fun while I slave away at work and then at home. I'm telling you, I need real job. My company's idea of a fun day is me staying til 7.
So I still haven't heard from grad school. I'm beginning to get disheartened. The application was due December 15, it shouldn't take this long. I decided that if I don't get into CU then I will actually apply for grad school the correct way next time; I will apply to at least 5 different schools in different areas and with different levels of quality. I tend to limit myself to just what I want to do, where I want to do it. I need to open up other options but that's really hard to do when you're attached to someone...say I get into a California school or something and suddenly there's a choice Eric and I have to make: his job or my education? It's tough being in love, lemme tell ya. Luckily Eric and I are both very open to the idea of not settling here in Colorado. We both love it out here, but there are other places to see! Enough talk of uncertain things.
I want a dog, people. I want my boyfriend to want a dog. I want my kitties to want a dog. As of right now (it changes with every dog I see) I want either an American bulldog (they are sooooooooooooooo adorable and fat and wrinkly) or an Italian greyhound. Oh or Yorkshire Terrier. They are cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home