All Things Must Pass

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February came in like a lion and out like a lion. We're in the middle of a(nother) snowstorm here in Colorado. Just when the ground had FINALLY dried up almost all the way and I could see our yard and driveway...The weather report yesterday said we're only supposed to get less than an inch accumulation. This morning it said 1-3 inches. Well, it's 3 pm here and it's supposed to snow until midnight and we're already at a solid 3 inches for sure. -sigh-
I'm ready for spring. Snow is fun and all, I just really like to see the ground every now and again, plus it'd be nice to enjoy a relaxing drive where I don't have to worry about crashing into the car in front of me at any given point.
So my mom and sisters will be here in a month. I got together a list of possibilities for us to do while they're out here and I'm getting excited. I love having visitors! My friend Ted's probably going to make it out here in the next couple months to do a ski weekend w/ Eric and I. That'll be fun, I miss Ted.
This weekend should be interesting. I am going to my very first (I think) bridal shower. My friend Jessica is getting married to my other friend Elgn in April and I'm invited to her bridal shower. I have no idea what to expect. I'm loathe to say it, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I like Jessica a lot but getting together with a group of girls is not my idea of a fun way to spend any night, not to mention a group of girls that I don't know. However, I will suck it up and do it anyways, just like I'm sucking it up and agreeing to be an usher at their wedding. I swear, I do not remember ever agreeing to that. Damn Eric must've agreed for both of us.
After the bridal shower I'm going to see Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Good stuff, people. If you have never seen one of their shows, check it out. I equate them to a modern day (and less drugged-up) P-Funk--which is also a must-see show, get it in before George Clinton dies. My other shows for this month include, but are not limited to: Badly Drawn Boy, Dead Meadow, TV on the Radio, the Coup, Cracker and Neko Case. Very exciting.
Seems like everyone in Colorado is sick right now. I've been overdosing myself w/ echinacea and golden seal to fight off this sore throat I keep getting and so far it's working.
The trip to Italy's really coming together. We're down to just 2 days where we're not sure exactly where we want to go. Here's what we have so far:
Leaving Denver May 8
Getting into Rome May 9
Leaving Rome for Sorrento May 13
Leaving Sorrento for ? May 16
Leaving ? for Florence May 18
Leaving Florence for Denver May 22.
Right now we're debating between Cinque Terre, Venice and a little town in Tuscany called Cortona. I think Cinque Terre will win out. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your choices for italy are sooooo difficult!!!!

11:27 AM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home