All Things Must Pass

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

checking in

It's been awhile since I've posted, so here's the usual catch up. We did not end up going skiing on Friday, Eric somehow hurt his foot so he pussed out on me. Instead I enjoyed a lovely day in Boulder (temps in the 70s) and then a lovely night of grilling out on the porch w/ pals. It's definitely our favorite spring/summer/fall activity. We get the fire pit going and light up the grill, bring out the stereo and just chill out and chat. It's pretty fun. But, in congraunce with my recent state, I was the first to conk out of the party. I'm telling you guys, I think I may have mono. Or maybe it's just a general lack of sleep catching up to me. I'm definitely returning to my high school days of getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night. Not by my choice, for sure. I try to sleep but end up tossing and turning all night long and basically staring at the clock until it's time for me to get up in the morning. No fun at all. So as a result I'm constantly tired. In high school it was never an issue, I had all the energy in the world and it made sense to me to stay up late, usually talking on the phone (Sara can vouch for this :)).
So then Saturday we lounged around and then headed out for Jessica's birthday/St. Patrick's day celebration (yes, her bday is on St. Patty's). I'm not generally a big fan of going out on St. Patty's (much like New Year's Eve) because that's when a bunch of first-time drinkers head out to the over-crowded bars and get stupid. However, Jessica LOVES the day and she and Elgn rented a van for us all to get together and go to Dave & Busters. It was actually relatively chill there, as opposed to all the bars we could've gone to and it was a fun night. Then on Sunday we continued the birthday and she had a bowling alley party. By then I was exhausted from our weekend of virtually no time at home and Eric and I called it a night around 10 on Sunday night.
So now our house is a complete and utter mess but we have a fully booked schedule until Thursday night (and even on Thursday we have the option of going to a show). Tonight we're going to see TV on the Radio at the Ogden. I'm crazy excited about this show, in no small part due to the opener, Subtle. It's doseone's "band" I guess. Cannot wait. And for once it'll be a relatively early show in Denver where I'll probably be home by midnight, which is always nice when you're due at work at 8:45 and still not sleeping.
Also, I'll be in Italy in less than 2 months!!!!
I hope everyone's week has started out well. It can only get better from here, right? Right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hm. Oddly enough, I can relate to your sleeping habits . . . :)

Yes, Kelly, you and I understand each other perfectly when it comes to sleep. I, too, have been tossing and turning at night. I dunno what's going on, either. I do know that I'm very busy and stressed these days . . .

10:48 PM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
You are eric are crazy social butterflies! How the heck do you do it all???
There has to be one SPECIAL event going on to get me out of the house on a week night!

10:26 AM, April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home