All Things Must Pass

Thursday, March 22, 2007

the show

Not much else going on but I wanted to post about the show I went to on Tuesday night, TV on the Radio and Subtle. What a good show...
I was completely blown away by Subtle, as I expected I would be. I don't know if any of these band names ring a bell to anyone, but doseone, the singer/keyboardist for Subtle has collaborated w/ so many great bands: 13 & God, Why?, Themselves, etc. I love love love his style. The show was phenomenal. What really bugged me though was that it was a 16+ show...I've noticed that a large majority of shows in Denver are either all ages or 16+. It ain't right. To top that off, Eric forgot his ID. I didn't even think we'd be able to get our tix from will call but we did. So they were still IDing at the door to make sure people were at least 16. They let him in anyways but he wasn't allowed in the 21+ area so he wouldn't be drinking. I wanted to grab a drink so it happened to work out somehow...I went over to the caged area and found a spot right next to him w/ just a gate thingy between us. It was funny. Also I'm always amused by the parental showing at all ages shows. This one grandma was just cracking me up; when TV played "Wolf Like Me" she was flipping out, dancing all around and punching her fists in the air. It was adorable.
TV on the Radio was really good. The singer is just an incredible performer, so energetic. I also like both the guitarists...lots of character in that band.
Other than that, I've got another full weekend. Party on Friday night and then another on Saturday. Friday's a birthday party, Saturday's a basement party (whatever that means).
But in the meantime, you'll all be happy to know that I got in a lot of good solid cleaning on my 1/2 day yesterday. We've finally put a dent in all that laundry we have...I've also realized this week that Eric, without a doubt, has easily twice as many clothes as I do. And that's saying a lot friends, I am a compulsive shopper. I think the difference is that when I've realized I have bought a lot of stuff, I get rid of stuff. He does not. And will not.
Anywho, I will (hopefully) be off work soon. That would be lovely. Adios.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

What a fun post! I really enjoyed reading it . . .

Lauren introduced me to TV on the Radio; I thought they were pretty good the one time I heard them. They're playing or played in Atlanta, but I haven't spent much money on concerts lately. :( It's just one of those things I guess I'm willing to cut out. Along with watching movies in the theatre. Those are two of my favorite things in the whole world . . . Wait, why am I cutting those out of my budget???

I'm glad you had a fun weekend. And I'm glad you're going to have another one. Fun weekends are so stressful, yet so nice. Can you tell that I haven't written much in a while? (I mean, what was up with that last sentence? Stressful, yet nice? Can't I be more descriptive than that?)

5:39 PM, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, in regards to Eric's clothing habit, it makes perfect sense. Have you ever looked in my closet? Or Julie's? Or my mom's? It runs in the fam for sure!!!
We are clothing whorebags!

10:24 AM, April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home