All Things Must Pass

Thursday, February 15, 2007

i'm a bad liar

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I know I said all that stuff about blogging more just for the heck of it, etc. I'm a horrible person. I just get really busy and always want to post pictures so in my downtime(i.e. when I'm at work) I never want to post b/c I can't do pictures here. Oh well. So, the news:
Justin's coming into town tonight which makes me very excited but somehow not as excited as I'd thought I would be...weird, huh? I'm fighting off a cold so that brings fun levels down a notch. Should still be a good time. We're going to see the Shins tonight and I have never had the pleasure of seeing them live so I CAN'T WAIT. The show sold out here in Denver, no surprise there. Their new album is the shit, I absolutely loved it. I was really scared they'd do a horrible 3rd album and I'd have to stop liking them, but no. If you haven't heard it, please do yourself a favor and check it out.
Then on Saturday night, we're going to the same venue (The Fillmore) to see the Roots. I'm expecting that to be a super fun show as well.
In other news, Eric and I have FINALLY booked our trip to Italy. We are flying into Rome and out of Florence and so far we're thinking we'll take side trips to Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, and the countryside of Tuscany. We'll be there from May 8-22 so it'll be a nice, long first trip to Italy for us (for Eric it'll be his first trip out of N. America!). I had a rough time breaking this news to my boss, I think he's probably still mad at me but Eric and I have been talking about this trip for a few years now and kept pushing it back and pushing it back...now we've finally made it happen and I'm dizzy with excitement. I'm somewhat obsessed with planning out the details of this trip. I don't want to miss anything, who knows when we'll be able to make it back...
I had a great Valentine's Day this year...I figure they're pretty good every year but I have a notoriously bad memory so maybe not...This year we went out to a restaurant called 4580 here in Boulder and they had a 4 course dinner Valentine's Day thing. The food was pretty good, I was pleased. Eric got us tickets to Cirque de Soleil for when it comes here in July as my VDay present. Very nice.
That's about it I think...my mom finally booked her trip out here w/ the girls. I'm both anxious and excited about this visit. Too much face time with my mom is often a problem for me. I can't wait to see my little sisters though, I'm missing their childhood (and, in Aly's case, her teens). They're coming out March 29-April 7. I'm going to have to work a few of those days so I shoudn't be too overwhelmed.
I think that's all. Sorry again for the delay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I saw the Shins live in NY a couple of years ago, and I have to say, I liked them even better live than I did on their CD. Pretty crazy, huh? What's crazy is how good they are! :) I haven't listened to the new CD yet, but Lauren has it, so maybe I'll make a copy . . .

I'm so glad you're having fun. I've never been outside of the U.S., so I'm somewhat jealous. But if I were going to another country, it'd be a German-speaking one. Ich liebe die Deutsch! (I hope I said that right; I'm forgetting German fast.) :(

10:04 PM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, the new Shins album IS amazing. (And I was with Sara at that show, for the record...)

And Italia? Awesome. I'm so excited for you! I've never been there, but it's where my brother proposed to his girlfriend last summer. In a place called Cinque Terra. (Not sure I spelled that right.) Yeah, that's right. My younger brother's getting married. Niiice.

4:49 PM, February 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lauren. Your bro and his fiance chose a spectactular place to get engaged!! I've been to Cinque Terra and it is pure dreamy!

Kel, you are going to have so much fun!!!

REMEMBER: don't let eric hold the tickets! You may not make it anywhere!

11:23 AM, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lauren. Your bro and his fiance chose a spectactular place to get engaged!! I've been to Cinque Terra and it is pure dreamy!

Kel, you are going to have so much fun!!!

REMEMBER: don't let eric hold the tickets! You may not make it anywhere!

11:23 AM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home