All Things Must Pass

Friday, August 17, 2007

I need a haircut. If I were at home, I'd post a picture of my current hair, but I'm at work so I can't. I think this may only happen to people with short to medium hair, but do you ever just wake up one day and your hair that was looking so good the day before is suddenly just letting you down? It no longer does anything you want it do and sure, it's possible you'll get another few days scattered hither and thither where it looks right again, but overall your haircut has run its course. That always happens to me. However, I am trying to grow my hair out, so I'm waiting. And I will start to use bobby pins.

Eric and I are going camping this weekend with our friends Ryan and Miki. We're camping in a state park called State Forest State Park which, for some reason, is wildly amusing to me. You really should check out that link, some of their phrases/sentences scare the crap out of me. I may not come back alive: "The ultimate in rugged Colorado," "Never Summer Range"...yikes. I'm excited though, I like camping. The best part is the fire, by far. Also, that park is best known for their moose sightings. We saw a baby moose in Rocky Moutain National Park and it was really cool. But when we talked to the ranger about it, he said moose are really aggressive. I think they're just plain cute. This will also more than likely be my first experience with Camping + Rain - Camper. We're going tent only, so let's hope it doesn't rain too terribly much.

Next weekend Eric's parents are coming out for their inaugural visit. Our house is a mess, but you'll all be pleased to know that I used my half workday on Wednesday to clean out our closet and scrub down the bathroom (except for the toilet, I can't bring myself to clean toilets...it makes me gag so Eric did that part). However, that half day is truly the only time I had/will have free until they come. Eric really wanted to camp this weekend, so there goes that. I'm working all day Monday-Thursday of next week and they're flying in on Friday. Oh well. Not my parents ;). They're staying at a hotel anyways, so there won't be too much face time with our place. It's also Eric's birthday next Saturday, so it's nice that they'll be in town for that.

Speaking of birthdays, I had a lovely birthday. I got a lot of awesome presents: Eric got me a really cool ceramic coffee mug that he found in an art store, a purse from the same art store, an American Apparel hoodie (they're the best hoodies ever) and a really huge internal hard drive for my mac. Heather got me some beautiful stationary (which I've been asking for). Miki and Ryan got me a couple books from their favorite Japanese author (translated of course). My mom got me an awesome outfit from JCrew (seen here in heather graphite/muslin and here in deep amber). It's the first year that it's dawned on me that I could just send her links to exactly what I want and she will get it for me! None of her guessing my fashion tastes or anything, just getting exactly what I want! I loved it, it was such a pleasant surprise. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that's all I got. But it was good stuff.
That's it for me, have a good weekend and wish me luck to not get rained on while being attacked by a moose!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it's really hard for me to leave comments on this thing.. i don't know why.. it kinda freaks out on me whenever i do...

2:00 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger kelly said...

so you left a comment about leaving a comment? you're a strange one miss choi.

11:15 AM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home