All Things Must Pass

Thursday, April 19, 2007

hello?

I went to another good show on Tuesday night. It was Brother Ali w/ Psalm One. Good stuff. I really love hip-hop shows, for many reasons. First and foremost is the fact that there's always always something going on. I hate it at regular concerts where you're just standing there waiting for the next band to come on, sometimes for up to an hour. At hip-hop shows there's always an MC, usually working with a dj, keeping the crowd pumped the whole show. This particular show lasted past 1 am and it was full of energy and beats throughout. I also like the vibe from the crowd at most hip-hop shows. Everyone seems to really want to be there, there are (usually) no pretensions. Plus I love to dance.
I found a dress for Jessica and Elgn's wedding finally. It's really cute, white silk with black and red flower detailing. Now I just hope it's warm enough so I don't freeze in it.
I'm slowly working through this grad school thing. I haven't started looking for another job yet. To be perfectly honest, I despise job hunting. Cannot stand it. The only things that rank up there on my shitlist with job hunting are moving and car hunting. Ick. However, I want to be doing something that I enjoy doing. It's going to be difficult, let me tell you. How do you think I got stuck in this job in the first place? Slim pickin's here in Boulder. It'd also be helpful if I knew what I wanted to do. I don't. Plus I may be having surgery this summer that'll put me out of commission for 6 weeks. It's hard to start a new job on those terms. But I promise you that I'll be on the road to more pleasant employment by July/August.
Does anyone out there still read this thing? Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaitlin said...

I'm right there with you re: job hunting. It sucks. Today, I've watched Senate Judiciary Committee hearings. ALL DAY.

12:43 PM, April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home