All Things Must Pass

Monday, April 23, 2007

don't think twice, it's alright

My mood is slowly but surely improving. I'm getting really psyched for Italy, it's a mere two weeks away...I've bought another pair of Merrels for the trip, those things are pricey but worth it. They are some of the most comfortable shoes ever and these ones are fashionable enough at the same time. I also bought a new bathing suit for the trip. I can't seem to just use the same bathing suit each year, I always buy a new one at the start of every summer (excluding last year when I didn't swim even once!).
I've formulated a very vague plan for the course of my life since the rejection from grad school:
I'm going to find a new job. I suppose at this point it still doesn't matter what kind of job...I just want to not hate doing what I'm doing every day and also be able to use my brain at least a little while I'm at work. While I'm working at this new job, I'm going to do some more research for grad schools. I don't know what program I'm going to look into but I suppose that will be part of the research. It's both a blessing and a curse that I have so many interests to pursue. The only issue with this plan is that I may be having surgery this summer that would put me out of work for 6 weeks so I think I have to wait to get a new job until after I find out if I'm having surgery. I'll find that out the 2nd week of June. So until then, I'll just work as usual for the next 2 weeks, then head out to Italy and then start looking for a job. So there it is. My Life Plan. As of right now.
Friday night we had people over for an impromptu grillout. It was a ton of fun, I love having people over to the house and sitting on the porch in front of the fire all night. Eric made delicious turkey burgers. Then Saturday kicked off the wedding celebrations for my friends Elgn and Jessica. We did the bachelor/bachelorette party Saturday night and both of the soon-to-be newlyweds had a good time. We're scheduled to do the rehearsal dinner Friday night and then the wedding Saturday night. It will (hopefully) be a really fun time and will go smoothly for the bride and groom.
Other than that it's just work, work, work this week for me. The other girl in the office, Deirdre, is in Montana visiting her family so I'm here by myself until Thursday. At least it makes the time go by faster.
I hope everyone has a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home