All Things Must Pass

Friday, May 04, 2007

cornelius

Last night I went to the best show I've been to in a while. It was Holy Fuck (Canadian) opening for Cornelius (Japanese). Insanely good show. Both bands were so high energy and just had the best music, I couldn't believe how good it was. I'm cursing myself for not bringing my camera because Cornelius is one of those groups that do the whole spectacle for you, synchronized video and lights, it was amazing. They actually call their show "The Cornelius Group: Sensuous Synchronized Show." I highly recommend getting a copy of his new album, Sensuous. It's kinda hard to categorize him and explain his music, you just have to hear it. He's been around for ages but I just love this new album. And the backing band he had was super cute too. Imagine the Beatles but Japanese and with a video/light show (and completely different music). Anyways, it was great.
What else...Eric and I are prepping up for Italy. We leave on Tuesday and are actually more prepared than my mind keeps telling me. I feel like we have so much to do but really all that's left is for me to buy a raincoat and then just pack. And clean the house a bit. I'm so ready to be there. I need a break from work, friends, kitties, house, etc. It'll be nice to be in a different time zone for awhile, good for the soul.
My plan is to try and blog a bit and post some pics while we're there, but I don't know how realistic that is. I know there are tons of internet cafes but, aside from the likelihood of us actually reaching one of those, I don't know if they'll have the right software or USB capabilities for me to upload pics...We'll see. If not, I promise some kind of website displaying our pictures when we get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home