All Things Must Pass

Friday, September 08, 2006

fully outfitted

I am officially a ski bunny. Wait...can you be a ski bunny without ever having skied (sp?)? Absolutely. Last weekend, the Sports Authority in Boulder had its annual Sniargrab sale (bargains spelled backwards...that's actually their tagline) and Eric and I consumed, consumed, consumed. Correction-- Eric consumed. My lovely boyfriend bought me everything I need to be able to fully enjoy ski season here in snowy (can't wait!!!!!!!!!) Colorado. Everything, that is, short of skis. I decided I didn't want skis until I knew I could ski. What if I fall down the mountain all season on my new shiny skis? That would be a tragedy. However, I do have a shiny new parka, snow pants, gloves, goggles (children's goggles, what a steal. I'm actually lucky to have an irregularly small face), ski socks, hiking boots and socks and a Northface fleece. I'm a regular Coloradan :). Some of you may be shocked that Eric bought me all this (as was I), but you don't understand that he's the best boyfriend in the world. You see, his thinking was that he wanted me to have a good time and learn to love skiing as he does, so he didn't want me to have to stress about not having proper gear. You see, skiing is an exceptionally expensive recreational activity. Everything about it costs hoards upon hoards of cash money and I, as we all know, am perpetually poor. So thank you, again, dear Eric. You really are the best.

Our outside cat, Banjo (mentioned in a previous post on our shared blog) is pregnant. That's right. We are about to have 4+ cats. Granted, only 3 of them technically live with us, but Banjo lives on our porch, which is close enough. I'm extremely concerned about her timing, though. It's starting to get cold here and by the time her babies are 6 weeks old, it'll be snowing. I hope they make it through the winter...I hope we can find a vet who gives discounts for strays...I hope we can find a home for her and eventually her kittens...I hope she (and her kittens) don't have parvo or some other awful disease. If anyone wants a cat, let me know. She's quite beautiful and extremely affectionate. Cats are good for the soul, people. Consider it a spiritual investment.

In two weeks exactly, I will be in Vegas. What an exciting thought. Even more exciting, I will be seeing Ted, Justin, and Paul, all of whom I miss very much. It'd be even more exciting if Baran would come, but you just can't lead a horse to water sometimes, you know?

I get my tooth crowned tomorrow (can I make "crown" a verb?). I'm pretty nervous about it, truth be told. I've never had a crown before, but the dentist lady said that it hurts about equal to a filling (which I think is quite painful). I'll live through it, I'm sure.

In other news, babies are coming out of the woodwork in the next couple weeks. Besides the aforementioned kitty pregnancy, Eric's sister, Julie's, baby is due around September 27. My friends Nick and Tabby's baby is due Friday, October 13 (much to their pleasure, I'm sure). No babies on this end, though. Not for a long while. Good luck to everyone else on their infant endeavors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

banjo's pregnant!?!
aahhh! that sucks! she's so little still...

6:16 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home