All Things Must Pass

Friday, September 01, 2006

autumn upon us?

I just got home from work and I'm sitting at our bar counter drinking a Colorado red (Sangre del Sol 2003) and looking at the grey evening sky and I've realized: fall is here. I knew it would be an interesting switch watching the seasons change in Boulder as opposed to Atlanta, but I wasn't prepared for this. It's September 1st and suddenly...BAM! 56 degrees outside. Granted, it did get up to 75 today for about 5 minutes, but still. Autumn has arrived and here I'm still buying tank tops and sandals. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love fall. September and October are probably my two favorite months, but I tend to get slammed by Seasonal Affective Disorder somewhere around these pre-Christmas months. Caleb can testify, November is almost always an incredibly disastrous month for me, for whatever reason. Oh, a leaf just fell. I saw it.

I fear that Colorado doesn't carry the same pleasant fall feelings as Georgia did. Fall in Georgia meant temperatures slowly (VERY slowly) dropping from the 90s to maybe the low 80s and finally the 70s and 60s around October. I've been told that fall here in Boulder goes from hot to cold. No in between. We'll see what happens. As of right now, I'm okay with my decay.

Just for the sake of posting pictures, I will post some of the pictures Kristen and I (mostly Kristen) took on our hike in Rocky Mountain National Park. Eric just hasn't gotten around to posting anything and they're too good to miss out on.

This first pic is at Nymphet Lake, the first lake we hiked to. It was so pretty with all those lily pads on it....ahhhh.





This next one is the next lake we hiked to, Dream Lake. Notice how clear the water is; you can see every log and rock in the shallow parts, it was beautiful.














This next one is me and my duck friend. He stood next to me and stared at me for a good 5 minutes while I ate cheese and crackers. I felt bad b/c we're not supposed to feed any animals in a National Park, so I couldn't share with him. I think he hated me for it a little bit b/c his little beady black eyes started to turn cold after several minutes.
This is the same lake, but this time the sun is shining on it. Gawhgeous.
There's more, but I'll save some for Eric. I guarantee he will post on our shared blog about the whole Kristen trip, it just might take him a little while.

For those of you who live in Georgia and like hanging out with me and/or Eric, we have booked our tickets home for Christmas. We will be there from midnight on the 20th (let us know if you want to pick us up from the airport at midnight on a Wednesday...) until around 7:30 on the 26th. Obviously we will be spending at least the 24th and the 25th with our families, but there are a lot of people I'd like to squeeze in while we're there. You guys save some time for us as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger caleb said...

you up for some houseguests earlier in the month than that? maybe around the 10th?

9:45 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

who?

7:42 PM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey, I live close to the airport now! And I'm usually up late. So if you need someone to pick you up, give me a call. But give me a reminder around the 15th or something. :)

12:29 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

i just might take you up on that, senorita. it would be lovely for the first face i see back in the ol' ATL to be yours.

5:53 PM, September 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice photos ;-)

6:18 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home