All Things Must Pass

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i heart atlanta

No one should take this post to mean I'm unhappy out here or that there aren't a million things to love about Colorado, but lately I've been feeling a little bit homesick for the ol' ATL. I've compiled, in my mind, a list of things I miss about Atlanta.

1. Baran and Paul (the only members of the old crew left in Atlanta. Of course, I miss everyone else, too.)
2. Concrete, skyscrapers, Marta (God love it)
3. Piedmont Park
4. Silver Skillet
5. Fellini's
6. Noche on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons with Eric and Baran
7. Robb and the folks at Mellow
8. North Point Mall (though not in Atlanta proper, it is a damn good mall and I would always go there after lunch w/ Eric at his work).
9. Poker nights (I've gotten a few people to play out here, but it's not the roaring good time it once was for me. I win all the time here, there's no challenge ;)).
10. My good friends, Kimberly and Jackson, at BAC. Who knew sitting around the coffee table chatting the night away could be so fun?
11. Regal Hollywood 24. The ghettoest theater in the history of the universe, but oh the adventures to be had!
12. WAFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE HHHHOOOOUUUUSSSEEE!!!!!!!!1
13. Sweetwater and Dogwood beers (although I missed Dogwood before I left Atlanta).
14. Lenox fireworks. The ones here sucked.
15. The Highlander
16. Prince of Wales
17. Having dinner with Eric's family.
18. Hanging out with my family in Atlanta. It was always nice when they'd leave Carrollton for awhile.
19. Tower package store
20. Tower Records
21. Willy's

I'm sure there's tons more, but that's all for now. I'm beginning to sound desperate.

7 Comments:

Blogger caleb said...

there can be only one!!!

9:41 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

it's a bar

7:23 AM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger caleb said...

yes i know, kelly, it was a freaking joke.

4:35 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey, you forgot about me. :)

I heart YOU! And I'm glad you've started a blog now, and I'm glad we're friends, and I'm not glad that you're not in Atlanta now. But I'm glad you and Eric are doing something new and exciting together.

12:23 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

you can't be on the list, sara, because i can't miss you in atlanta because i've never experienced you in atlanta. if i made a list of things i missed in carrollton, it would be extremely short and you would most definitely be on it :).

10:16 AM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaay I'm number 1, I know..I'm the bestest. I miss you too :)

4:04 PM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahhh...you're too sweet. having dinner with my family. it's like an other world at that house.

i found your blog...don't hate me! i was just checking out your profile and there it was. the second blog. shining oh so brightly at me. "read me. read me," it said. i had to visit. just had to.

12:21 PM, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home