All Things Must Pass

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

skiventure

So I went skiing last Friday. I am pleased with this "skiing" activity. We decided to take our lessons at Keystone (as opposed to Breckenridge or A-Basin) and I'm glad we did. It's a beautiful resort. The drive up there wasn't quite what I expected--Ryan was thinking 45 minutes, I was thinking an hour and a half and it actually took us about three hours to get there--but it really was worth it. I had never been to a ski resort so I didn't know what to expect. It's weird, it's like a little town where everyone is there to ski. Hard to explain if you haven't seen it I guess. I was a little disappointed because I was both completely pumped and completely terrified about taking a ski lift (I'm afraid of heights but I like to be scared..) but since we were in the baby class (never had skis on your feet), I don't think they wanted to rush things. We're going back Saturday and I'll be in Level 2 so maybe that's where you learn to take the ski lift. The lesson itself was pretty good, I learned how to keep the skis straight, how to do a stop at a very shallow angle (the wedge stop for those of you who are familiar) and basic steps to turning. I think they chose wisely for the first lesson, I learned a lot and only fell twice (but the second time happened to be during my very last run- :( boo). So overall, skiing is a pleasant experience. The only thing I would change about the entire debacle is that my skis were really really heavy (rentals) and I had to carry them really really far.
This weekend was pretty good too. We woke up Saturday at a reasonable time and got some errands done before our friend Case headed in from Denver to go to a show with us. Eric made Case and I dinner and we hung out awhile then headed down to the The Hill (part of Boulder near CU) and went to a pizza joint called Cosmo's and had some $1.50 beer. Then we headed over to the show just in time to catch the really crappy opening act (Bionik Brown) for pretty much his entire show. Then RJD2 came on and completely rocked the place, it was a really great show. Afterwards we headed to Sundowner (a favorite bar) and had more drinks before heading home and watching Zoolander. Case and Heather both stayed over and Eric made us all breakfast in the morning and we kinda zoned out to Sunday morning TV (in this case it was "Untold Stories of the ER") until Andrew came over bearing....A Wii! It was awesome, he'd gotten up at 5 that morning to get us and himself a Wii. So we played Wii all day until heading out for bowling. Bowling is now a Sunday tradition. For those of you who are interested, the Wii is pretty awesome. The only thing I kinda don't like about it is that mostly when I want to play video games I want to zone out and just kinda sit, but this requires you to actually do stuff, move around, stand up even! But I love the ingenuity of it, you should all try it out.
That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I want to learn how to ski sometime. I've never been -- I'm always out west when it's summertime . . . I also want to play the Wii. I only know one person who has it, though, and I don't even really know him that well. I guess I'll just have to do a bit more waiting until I find someone with it. :(

11:02 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger caleb said...

fuck you. no wii's to be had in these parts.

5:38 AM, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are in one piece after your first skiing adventure, and you better stand up for the wii, you gotta get the real world bowling form when you play wii bowling :)

6:32 AM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home