All Things Must Pass

Thursday, November 30, 2006

So I've been wanting to post for awhile but I had some pictures from Thanksgiving that I wanted to put up and my computer's hard drive is totally full. I was waiting for Eric to clear it out for me (he bought a new computer to put all our media on: pics, music, all the junk that's filling up my computer) and he hasn't, so I'm posting anyways.

Last week was pretty great. Primus at the Fillmore was way better than I ever could've imagined it to be. I'd never seen them live, who knew what I was missing? I've seen Les Claypool's Frog Brigade a couple times and they're incredible but this was...The next night was Tenacious D at the Fillmore again and that was pretty much what I thought it would be. I did have high hopes though. There was a rock off with Satan. And their band consisted of JB and KG of course, along with Charlie Chaplin and the Antichrist. Funny stuff. Thanksgiving was the next day and Eric and I woke up late-ish (around 10) and started cooking. It was a really pleasant morning, we got in some good 80's films (Ghostbusters and Parenthood) before heading over to Jeff's around 3. We, of course, didn't eat until 7ish. There's always some last minute thing someone forgot at Thanksgiving, have you ever noticed that? Overall the meal was really good but I was disappointed with things. For instance, I guess Jeff and Liz are pretty anal and they cleaned up the meal right after we ate. Like, put everything away. I couldn't believe it, what about second Thanksgiving? Then I had to leave early (like 12:30) after winning Trivial Pursuit because I had to work the next morning.
Friday was an interesting day too. Turns out our friend James from Atlanta was in town b/c apparently his parents live in Parker, CO. So we drove out to BF Colorado and picked him up for an afternoon/evening/morning of fun. We dropped him back off around 3 that morning and guess what they have in Parker, CO? A fucking Waffle House!!! We ate there and it was delicious. Heather, Eric and I ended up staying at Case's place in Denver that night. Good times. The weekend following those events was also fun.
This weekend has been a-ok also. Last week it was around 70 degrees pretty much all week. This week we got a snow storm. I guess it wasn't exactly a storm, but I'm pretty sure we got around 5-6". I had my first scary driving-in-snow-and-ice experience. I need new tires. I did get a snow day yesterday so that was cool. I didn't knowthat happened here, but people get almost as freaked out here as they do in Atlanta. People don't run to the grocery stores and buy all the food here though.
I'm taking my first ski lesson tomorrow. I'm both anxious and excited about it. I'll let everyone know how it went.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

waffle house...what a treat!!

my favorite part in ghostbusters is in the beginning when bill murray is shocking the guy in his experiment even when he gets the answer right, and he makes the girl think that she has ESP. that is funny.
how was your ski lesson? i'm so jealous!

4:53 PM, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home