All Things Must Pass

Friday, November 17, 2006

ask and ye shall receive

It's been a good 11 days. Last weekend was a great balance, the kind of weekend I enjoy. Friday night we went out to Denver for a birthday bar get-together. It was cool, the bar is called Double Daughters and it looks like Tim Burton designed it. I met a dude who graduated from Georgia Tech and we reminisced about Atlanta. Saturday we all went bowling and then played poker (I won again, I need you here Baran, there's no challange). Then Sunday we went over to our friends Ryan and Miki's house and watched the show Freaks and Geeks all day. Ryan loves it and we'd never heard of it; it's pretty great.

Heather and I went to see The Who on Tuesday night at the Pepsi Center in Denver. I went because Heather said that's all she wanted for her birthday was for me to go with. I thought it'd be lame. Don't get me wrong, The Who is probably my favorite band from that era of music (besides the Beatles) and I love almost everything they've done. However, I like the Rolling Stones too and their concerts are apalling to me. It's all a bunch of bad showmanship with very little musical talent left in the show. I was afraid to go see The Who because I didn't want them to be ruined for me. However, it was an amazing show. They couldn't have done any more to exceed my expectations. Roger Daltry's looking about 30 years old and he's still built like a brick wall. He actually nailed that scream in "We Won't Get Fooled Again." NAILED IT! It was pretty incredible. The crowd was about what I expected. We were the youngest people in our section by a lot. Oh, speaking of our section, Heather and I got the worst seats available b/c tix were so expensive. We got there and they scanned our tickets and said we had to see customer service. So we went over there and they told us they're moving us up to the 12th row! We were directly left of the stage and in the 12th row, it was so cool. I could see facial expressions and everything. But back to the crowd, one particular instance will kinda set the scene for you. This old guy a few rows ahead of us was just rocking the hell out to "My Generation" (which was superbly done, I was so pleased). He was throwing fists in the air and dancing around and was so into it he started to get a little warm. So he took a break from rocking out and stripped his sweatshirt off...and promptly tied it around his waist.
Next week I'm going to see Primus on Tuesday night and then Tenacious D on Wednesday night. Then there's Thanksgiving. The plan is for us to get together at Jeff's. I was thinking it'd be a big group but now that I think about it, it'll probably only be around 5-6 people. It'll still be fun, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I like to eat and we have at least 2 super good cooks (Eric and Jeff) cooking for the group. And then I only have to work 1/2 day on Friday. It was going to be from 9-6 but my boss changed his mind which made me really happy.
All caught up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home