All Things Must Pass

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

first post on my new blog

I've switched from LJ officially. Nobody ever really posted on it anymore and I didn't like the setup there, so here I am. I'm also debating whether I should give out this new address or just use it for myself. I need to get back to writing, this could be a good way. I prefer writing by hand, but typing is just so much faster.
I just finished another two minute conversation with my mother. It's interesting because my mom used to call me and keep me on the phone for hours. I would always avoid her calls until I knew I could devote at least an hour to just sitting on the phone with her. I feel bad because I avoided her calls for that reason so many times that she doesn't really call me anymore. I miss talking to her. More than that, I miss her being happy. I miss talking to her when she's happy. Now when she calls, the conversation goes a little something like this:

M- "Hi."
K- "Hi. How's it going?"
M- "Oh, pretty good. [Insert recent church argument or news about Aly or Mary here]"
K- "That's cool."
M- "What's going on with you?"
K- "Nothing really interesting, [Insert latest news on job or grad school search here]"
M- "OK, I have to go. Talk to you later, love you."

It's so odd too because I used to get every mundane detail of every aspect of her life and now I mostly just get news about the girls. I'd think it was my fault, but Heather gets the exact same phone calls.

Strange, huh?

5 Comments:

Blogger caleb said...

what's going to happen when a and m grow up? thinking about that makes me very sad.

9:18 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

mary has promised to never leave my mom. she wants to buy the ropers' house next door when she grows up. aly's already itching to leave.

1:10 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eehhhh. so sorry i busted in on your blog! i've read it all now. this is the last post i read...and it revealed that you weren't sure if you'd give out the address.

as i explained up in a higher comment, i was reading your profile and there was your blog, beckoning me. i'm sure you and eric think that i don't even know how to turn on the computer, but no, i currently reside behind a computer for a/b 37 hrs per week, give or take, and have actually learned a few things.

12:36 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger kelly said...

no reason to feel bad. i figured people would eventually find it. if you didn't notice, you're not the only one who found it :).

7:10 PM, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i see, but wasn't actually sure if it was on the DL aka No family types allowed!

can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!
don't forget me at the airport...i could see eric doing something like that;-)

6:22 PM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home