All Things Must Pass

Thursday, August 03, 2006

an exercise in restraint

Heather received this message from my little sister Aly yesterday:

wannafanta91: you know how dad treats yall and people whom he doesnt like.....
[16:06] wannafanta91: how he doesnt make eye contact with you or answer you...
[16:06] wannafanta91: pretty much treats you like shit
[16:06] wannafanta91: he treats me like that
[16:06] wannafanta91: oh well
[16:06] wannafanta91: he wont be making any decisions for me in my life any more

This makes me more sad than you could ever imagine and the reason is two-fold. I put up with his bullshit because I always knew he treated the other two really well and was generally a good dad to them. Secondly, how mature and perceptive is she? When did this happen? When did she become a young woman?

2 Comments:

Blogger caleb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:54 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger caleb said...

may whatever is on a higher plane of consciousness than us bless and watch over that young lady.

i thought i had a spelling error in the first comment, sorry.

that just totally ruined the seriousness of what i said.

argh

8:57 PM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home