All Things Must Pass

Thursday, June 12, 2008

randomness

I hate laundry.
Any other household chore gives you a sense of accomplishment. You spend a couple hours scrubbing your bathroom, it's done and you get to leave it alone for the next month (or year if you're me). You vacuum your carpet and it stays clean until you need to do it again. But laundry, laundry...it's immediate. You're wearing clothes while you're doing the laundry (usually) and they'll need to be cleaned too. So by the following day, unless you wear all whites or all darks, you have at least 2 loads that need to be done again. It's ridiculous. Dishes are similar, but I hate dishes on a whole other level. I hate dish hands. Yuck.
My contract has been extended at Morgan Stanley (again) until the end of July. I have mixed emotions about this. One of the reasons I took the job in the first place was because I was certain it would be a temporary job. It still is I guess but it's less temporary. On the other hand, the pay is good and the people are tolerable so what better job to mark time until school starts again? All in all I'm ok with it.
I'm going to a student art fair in Denver this weekend. I'm really excited about it, I love going to art fairs and a student art fair should be somewhat affordable, hopefully. I really miss the Dogwood Festival back in Atlanta. Eric and I went every year and there was some really amazing art there. They have a lot of art fairs out here but they're usually on a much smaller scale and most of the art has a mountain theme (wonder why?), which is not really my style. The Cherry Creek Art Fair is huge though, so we go to that one and see some pretty awesome, and extremely pricey stuff.
That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home